Sports Premium Funding
As part of the Government’s £150 million per year funding, schools receive a grant to spend on physical education and school sport.
The desired outcomes for this money are:
- Improving the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision
- Increasing participation in PE and Sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles
and reach the performance levels that they are capable of
- Extensive range of activities available for extra-curricular opportunities
Here at St. Paul’s Catholic Primary School we plan to use a portion of the funding to employ a Sports Co-ordinator (0.5 days per week) who will work collaboratively with our PE Coordinator to:
- Increase participation and success in competitive school sports and a variety of fun physical activities
- Create awareness amongst pupils about the dangers of obesity, smoking and other health related issues
- Compliment and enhance current PE and sport provision to ensure that they are at the heart of school life to raise achievement
Sarah Lay has been employed as our Cluster Sports Co-ordinator. She is a qualified Physical Education teacher with 15 years teaching experience and has an extensive school leadership background being heavily involved in coaching a variety of sports.